Thursday, November 22, 2007

i don't even know how to spell revolutionary jesus in the sky


suzanne vega ( beauty & crime cover photo)

Cuscatlan
Frente!

I love my country
But it wears a uniform
It speaks with foreign guns
In the background you can almost hear
The sound of intervention

And I dont know when liberty fell
But we rang every mission bell
We rang them loud and clearly
For a world that wouldnt listen

I dont want to die
Im as innocent as anybody
I dont even know how to spell
Revolutionary
Jesus in the sky
The bullets in the guns
You dont even know what we
Mean by repression

Blood is the colour of the sunset
You walked into the darkness
I did not hear your last breath
There will not be an inquest
This is not human interest

We danced the dirt with
Surrender for our drumbeat
We danced for the balance sheet
Died for the kind of lasting peace
That pleases the world policeman

And fatherland raped motherhood
And told her it was for the global good
And now we ring the mission bell
To warn their children

And I dont want to die
Im as innocent as anybody
I dont even know how to spell
Revolutionary
Jesus in the sky
The bullets in the guns
You dont even know what we
Mean by repression

Blood is the colour of the sunset
You walked into the darkness
I did not hear your last breath
There will not be an inquest
This is not human interest


---

kapag naririnig ko ang kantang ito ni suzanne vega, naaalala ko si c, ang ultimate viajero.

Gypsy
Suzanne Vega

You come from far away
With pictures in your eyes
Of coffeeshops and morning streets
In the blue and silent sunrise
But night is the cathedral
Where we recognized the sign
We strangers know each other now
As part of the whole design

Oh, hold me like a baby
That will not fall asleep
Curl me up inside you
And let me hear you through the heat

You are the jester of this courtyard
With a smile like a girl's
Distracted by the women
With the dimples and the curls
By the pretty and the mischievous
By the timid and the blessed
By the blowing skirts of ladies
Who promise to gather you to their breast

Oh, hold me like a baby
That will not fall asleep
Curl me up inside you
And let me hear you through the heat


You have hands of raining water
And that earring in your ear
The wisdom on your face
Denies the number of your years
With the fingers of the potter
And the laughing tale of the fool
The arranger of disorder
With your strange and simple rules
Yes now I've met me another spinner
Of strange and gauzy threads
With a long and slender body
And a bump upon the head

Oh, hold me like a baby
That will not fall asleep
Curl me up inside you
And let me hear you through the heat


With a long and slender body
And the sweetest softest hands
And we'll blow away forever soon
And go on to different lands
And please do not ever look for me
But with me you will stay
And you will hear yourself in song
Blowing by one day

Oh, hold me like a baby
That will not fall asleep
Curl me up inside you
And let me hear you through the heat


No comments: